Re: BUG #4961: pg_standby.exe crashes with no args - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: BUG #4961: pg_standby.exe crashes with no args
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Sorry for this late reply.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Is pg_standby killed correctly when postmaster dies?

No. In my test (v8.3.7 on Win), an immediate shutdown was able to
kill postmaster, but not pg_standby and the startup process.

Though we should change those to handle the shutdown signals
correctly, this change is not imperative need. At first, we should
just get rid of the signal support from pg_standby on Win, in order
to avoid the pg_standby crash. The attached is the patch to do so.
If this patch is OK, the backport is required for 8.3.x.

Thought?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao