Re: Weird EXECUTE ... USING behaviour - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincenzo Romano
Subject Re: Weird EXECUTE ... USING behaviour
Date
List pgsql-general
2010/1/12 Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>:
> On Tuesday 12 January 2010 6:24:13 am Vincenzo Romano wrote:
>> >
>> > You can't use a parameter of the function in a CHECK constraint on a
>> > table.  The CHECK constraint is permanent and can't refer to transient
>> > state like that.
>> >
>> >                        regards, tom lane
>>
>> Tom, $1, $2 and $3 should be the substitution arguments from the USING
>> predicate, not the function argument list, which in my case is an
>> empty list!
>> And the EXECUTE shoud implement a static binding with the "variables"
>> from the USING predicate ...
>>
>> --
>> Vincenzo Romano
>> NotOrAnd Information Technologies
>> NON QVIETIS MARIBVS NAVTA PERITVS
>
> Its hard to tell from the above, but I believe you are having problems with
> this:
>
> "Currently, CHECK expressions cannot contain subqueries nor refer to variables
> other than columns of the current row. "
>

> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian.klaver@gmail.com

I don't think so. Those variables should be evaluated with the USING
*before* the actual execution.
Thus my statements only contain columns and constants.

--
Vincenzo Romano
NotOrAnd Information Technologies
cel. +39 339 8083886  | gtalk. vincenzo.romano@notorand.it
fix. +39 0823 454163  | skype. notorand.it
fax. +39 02 700506964 | msn.   notorand.it
NON QVIETIS MARIBVS NAVTA PERITVS