Re: help with query!!! - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From mdc@keko.com.ar
Subject Re: help with query!!!
Date
List pgsql-sql
hi guys

>  numeroVia       | smallint                    | not null
>  fechaHora       | timestamp(3) with time zone | not null

> explain delete from "Transitos"
> where "codigoEstacion"= '02' and
> "numeroVia" = 1 and
> "fechaHora" = '2003-0403 17:34:06.92'::timestamp and
> "medioPago" = 'Efectivo' and
> "tipoTransito"= 'Normal' and
> categoria='01'

>You're casting the constant compared to fechaHora to
>timestamp, which is
>the wrong thing (timestamp != timestamp with timezone); and
>you're not
>casting the constant compared to numeroVia to smallint.
>Each of these
>type mismatches will prevent an indexscan.
ok , first thanks a lot for your responses, wellnot my are doing this wrong castings, they are from ODBC
driver , my analisys was  from server side, i mean, this
information is send from my aplication via ODBC to
postmaster .
For research propouses start the postmaster with debug level
3 and later ,recreate this queries with additional  explain
clauses for analisis, the ::timestamp in syntax not in my
own code ok ? .
well questions i plan to change this castings , modifing the
database definition  numeroVia smallint  -> to int4  fechaHora timeStamp(3) with timezone -> timeStamp(3) *

* milliseconds are very important to me, the aplication
register events at real time and millisecond are difference
into 2 events , application is multithread .
last question, is posible to make this changes whitout
download the database at all ? , the alter table ..... do
it?

Tia
MDC

pd: Sorry for my english , again ;)