RE: How Many Partitions are Good Performing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kumar, Virendra
Subject RE: How Many Partitions are Good Performing
Date
List pgsql-general
For test I created two tables with 7800 partitions each and joining them sees performance bottleneck. It is taking 5
secondsplanning time. Please see attached plan.

Regards,
Virendra

-----Original Message-----
From: pinker [mailto:pinker@onet.eu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:07 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: How Many Partitions are Good Performing

I've run once a test on my laptop because was curious as well. From my results (on laptop - 16GB RAM, 4 cores) the
upperlimit was 12k. Above it planning time was unbearable high - much higher than execution time. It's been tested on
9.5

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL.

received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

Attachment