Re: pg_dump negation regex - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_dump negation regex
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/7/20 9:53 AM, Eudald Valcàrcel Lacasa wrote:
> Hello!
> I've been looking at the documentation and there seems to be no keyword
> for negation purposes.
>
> Am I missing something? Or it's like this?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-pgdump.html

-T pattern
--exclude-table=pattern

     Do not dump any tables matching pattern. The pattern is interpreted
according to the same rules as for -t. -T can be given more than once to
exclude tables matching any of several patterns.

     When both -t and -T are given, the behavior is to dump just the
tables that match at least one -t switch but no -T switches. If -T
appears without -t, then tables matching -T are excluded from what is
otherwise a normal dump.

For what patterns you can use see:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-psql.html#APP-PSQL-PATTERNS

--