Re: pgsql: pg_upgrade: copy locale and encoding information to new cluster. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: pgsql: pg_upgrade: copy locale and encoding information to new cluster.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Thu, 2023-03-09 at 09:35 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 2023-03-09 at 12:21 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > This looks like it broke cross version upgrade testing. Old
> > versions
> > don't have datlocprovider.
>
> Thank you, fixing. Just waiting for some CI tests.

I fixed most of the problems, but I'm still seeing a failure on crake:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=crake&dt=2023-03-09%2019%3A37%3A04&stg=xversion-upgrade-REL9_4_STABLE-HEAD

It seems only the 94 upgrade is failing, and the message seems
unrelated to my change:

"could not load library "$libdir/uuid-ossp": ERROR:  could not access
file "$libdir/uuid-ossp": No such file or directory
In database: contrib_regression_uuid-ossp"

Is that a transient failure?

I tried locally testing the upgrades, but it seems like the version of
master before my change (8dff2f224f) also fails the pg_upgrade test for
all versions earlier than 10. I assume there are some extra steps to
make the test work for earlier versions, but I haven't looked deeply
yet.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis