pg documentation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From paul simdars
Subject pg documentation
Date
List pgsql-general
I have found some good resources but what would really be nice is a
reference manual.  I did find a place with searchable documents but
sometimes they don't have an item (and it can be very difficult to find).
 I am working thru a PHP book and their database related material is for
mySQL (surprise!).  So I am trying to do all the examples in postgres.
To do this I need to find the equivalent pg function.  One of the easier
ones is the mysql_fetch_row.  Easier becuase there is a pg_fetch_row.
But the arguments are different and I wanted to look at the documentation
for the pg_fetch_row.   I did a search in my searchable documentation and
they don't even list it.  I have also tried to find some place which just
lists all the functions like that (i.e. pg_this, pg_that . . . ).  Most
documentation is a chapter in a book or something like that.
Anyone . . . .

Thanks again,  You were all a great help in pointing me to much
documentation in the first place.
Paul