Re: character conversion problem about UTF-8-->SHIFT_JIS_2004 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bh yuan
Subject Re: character conversion problem about UTF-8-->SHIFT_JIS_2004
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

By use # \l ,the 7.4.3 version database show
        List of databases
   Name    |  Owner   | Encoding
-----------+----------+-----------
 testdbxx   | userxxx | UNICODE
 template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
 template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
(3 rows)

I think [some character codes may not have a conversion table] is the reasion.
Now I occour 「〜」(0xefbd9e)、「―」(0xe28095)、「郄」(0xe9ab99) can not be
converted to SJIS without error message.

I convert the character to another SJIS character
by UPDATE tablexx SET fieldxx=replace(fieldxx,'\xef\xbd\x9e','~')
then I can export it as SJIS CSV file.
But it is not good idea, maybe I can config the setting file of postgresql8.3
or change the conversion table by myself  ?

Thanks