Re: [HACKERS] SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sven R. Kunze
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 13.03.2017 07:24, Nico Williams wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 07:12:07PM +0100, Sven R. Kunze wrote:
>>  From my day-to-day work I can tell, the date(time) type is the only missing
>> piece of JSON to make it perfect for business applications (besides, maybe,
>> a "currency" type).
> And a binary type.  And a chunked-string type (to avoid having to escape
> strings).  And an interval type.  And...

YMMV but I tend to say that those aren't the usual types of a business
application where I come from.

Answering questions like "how many" (integer), "what" (text) and "when"
(date) is far more common than "give me that binary blob" at least in
the domain where I work. Never had the necessity for an interval type;
usually had a start and end value where the "interval" was derived from
those values.