Re: [GENERAL] Can't restart Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Can't restart Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/14/2017 08:47 PM, Shawn Thomas wrote:
> No it doesn’t matter if run with sudo, postgres or even root.  Debian
> actually wraps the command and executes some some initial scripts with
> different privileges but ends up making sure that Postgres ends up
> running under the postgres user.  I get the same output if run with sudo:
>
> sudo systemctl status postgresql@9.4-main.service
> <mailto:postgresql@9.4-main.service> -l
>    Error: could not exec   start -D /var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main -l
> /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-9.4-main.log -s -o  -c
> config_file="/etc/postgresql/9.4/main/postgresql.conf”

So you are talking about:

/etc/init.d/postgresql

which then calls:

/usr/share/postgresql-common/init.d-functions

Or is there another setup on your system?

Any relevant information in the system logs?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com