Re: Slow statement using parallelism after 9.6>11 upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arnaud L.
Subject Re: Slow statement using parallelism after 9.6>11 upgrade
Date
List pgsql-general
Le 03/09/2019 à 16:39, Paul Ramsey a écrit :
>> On Sep 3, 2019, at 7:06 AM, Arnaud L. <arnaud.listes@codata.eu> wrote:
>> I've setup parallel_tuple_cost to 1.0 parallel_setup_cost to 5000.0 for the time being which solves this specific
problem.These value don't look very sensible though, they are very high compared to the default ones.

> You can also leave that setting unchanged and just change the behaviour on your one table:
>
> ALTER TABLE nodes SET ( parallel_workers = 0);

Nice, this will fix this precise query and leave parallelism in place
for the other ones. Thanks !

--
Arnaud