Re: Can COPY update or skip existing records? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rafael Domiciano
Subject Re: Can COPY update or skip existing records?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi there,

The operation "on_duplicate_key_update" is in implementation on the new version of Postgres :)
The only way (or, at least, the best way... I think) to do what you want is using a temporary table... let's see:

/* Creating the structure of the first table (table_01)... You can do it the way you like */
create table temp_01 as
(select * from table_01 limit 1);

TRUNCATE TABLE table_01;

/* COPY */