Re: psql \i handling ~ in specified file name - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: psql \i handling ~ in specified file name
Date
List pgsql-patches

As I remember, MSDOS uses the "~" to specify short versions of long file
names.
I is not just msdos, it is cmd.exe which exists on (to my knowledge) all versions of windows. For example:
Program Files == progra~1

  I think that is enough for us to say that we are best leaving
'~' expansion only for Unix.  We already dump COPY in a native Win32
format, so it seems we should handle special characters in a similar
native way.

I will add a comment to this affect in the source code.

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com