Re: 7.4.1 Server Not Starting? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Wood
Subject Re: 7.4.1 Server Not Starting?
Date
List pgsql-general
>>Perhaps a combination of those settings is what did it?
>
> Maybe --- what was the failure message exactly, once you got it?

Managed to fix it before I got any errors actually. Simple enough to
re-break it however:

FATAL:  max_fsm_pages must exceed max_fsm_relations * 16

Looks like I was 60000 short on my 100000 max_fsm_pages setting for a
max_fsm_relations of 10000. Anyway, the error message was a good one, I
just couldn't get to it last night.

> Also, if you hand-edited these settings, it's fair to ask what
> the port package defaults are ...

Sounds fair to me, IIRC:
max_connections = 100
shared_buffers = 1000