Re: website doc search is extremely SLOW - Mailing list pgsql-general

From D. Dante Lorenso
Subject Re: website doc search is extremely SLOW
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Cramer wrote:

>Well it appears there are quite a few solutions to use so the next
>question should be what are we trying to accomplish here?
>
>One thing that I think is that the documentation search should be
>limited to the documentation.
>
>Who is in a position to make the decision of which solution to use?

If I can weigh in on this one I'd just like to say... After all, it IS
a website for a database.  Shouldn't you be using PostgreSQL for the
job?  I mean it just seems silly if the PHP.net website were being run
on ASP.  Or the java.sun.com was run on Coldfusion.  You just can't
(or SHOULDN'T) use anything other than PostgreSQL, can you?

I think the search engine should be a demo of PostgreSQL's database
speed and abilities.

Dante
D. Dante Lorenso