Re: duplicates on primary key column - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Marcin Gil
Subject Re: duplicates on primary key column
Date
Re: duplicates on primary key column
List pgsql-novice
Tom Lane wrote:

> I see no duplicate keys in your dump.  How do you provoke the problem
> exactly?

That seems very odd.
Hmm.. It's enough to do 'select docid from documents where docid=0'
and I get 3 answers (3 rows).

Basically it's a simple web cms system with some kind of versioning.
Duplicate keys are created (probably) at updating the row.
After issuing an update op the row gets updated and new one with the
same data is created; ie. after an update all rows with the same docid
get same contents.
So, when doc is inserted I got one doc. After 1st update I get
(almost certainly) 2 rows, after 2nd update -- 3 rows, etc.

I'll try to investigate a little more on this but I'am very novice
pg admin :(
--
   Marcin Gil :: marcin.gil@audax.com.pl
   OIS Audax Sp. z o.o., ul. Barlickiego 4, 97-200 Tomaszów Mazowiecki