Tables Referencing themselves As Foreign Keys - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony (Unihost)
Subject Tables Referencing themselves As Foreign Keys
Date
Re: Tables Referencing themselves As Foreign Keys  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm still new to this so if I'm sounding dumb or my premise is flawed
please forgive me.  I have a DB design which contains a table which has
categories, each category has a parent category, and is recursed until
the top category is reached, in order to create breadcrumbs.  Is there
any problem with using foreign keys to reference the same table?  So a
when category is added the CatParent MUST be present as a CatID

CatID - Serial
CatParent - int4 - References CatID
CatName - Text

Am I likeley to come unstuck with this?