Re: Signals on Win32 (yet again) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Joseph S. Barrera III
Subject Re: Signals on Win32 (yet again)
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
Steve Tibbett wrote:

>FWIW that method gets my vote - calling SleepEx(0) in some critical
>places; I believe that will yield the CPU but not wait any time (so if
>nothing else wants the CPU and there aren't any procedures that need
>calling then it amounts to a no-op).

The semantics are:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/sleepex.asp

"A value of zero causes the thread to relinquish the remainder of its
time slice to any other thread of equal priority that is ready to run.
If there are no other threads of equal priority ready to run, the
function returns immediately, and the thread continues execution."

- Joe Barrera

Former Microsoft Employee
Currently 3PP at Sun