Re: How to navigate tree without CONNECT BY? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From D. Dante Lorenso
Subject Re: How to navigate tree without CONNECT BY?
Date
List pgsql-general
Joe Conway wrote:

> D. Dante Lorenso wrote:
>
>> I have a simple table that I'd like to query to pull
>> out a heirarchy from a tree relationship.  What is the
>> best way to do this without a 'CONNECT BY' clause like
>> Oracle has?
>

> See connectby() in contrib/tablefunc.

Yep.  That's what I was looking for.  Had to upgrade to 7.4 and
then install the contrib stuff and import those functions into my
database.

But, what a pain in the butt.  I'd think this functionality
would be so important that it'd make it into the main source.
Kinda like MD5 did.

Thanks again.

Dante