Re: Why is postgres an ORDMS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josué Maldonado
Subject Re: Why is postgres an ORDMS
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Peter,

In fact the inheritance was mi first tought, so as I didn't explain
myself enough and I don't have too much knoledge in that topic, I sent
him an URL of the practical postgresql book where that concept is explained.

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>>Josué Maldonado wrote:
>>
>>>Hello list,
>>>
>>>A friend of mine just asked me this, why is postgres an ORDBMS and
>>>what does it mean and how to apply it on real development.
>>
>>We are OR (object-relational) because we are extendable, unlike a
>>typical DBMS.
>

> No, it means there are object-oriented elements in it, like abstract
> data types and inheritance.

Josué Maldonado