Re: datestyle in postgresql.conf, version 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Max Reymond
Subject Re: datestyle in postgresql.conf, version 7.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Jean-Max Reymond <jmreymond@free.fr> writes:
>

>>Tom Lane wrote:
>>

>>>I think you need single quotes in that file.  Try
>>>datestyle='Postgres, European'
>>>

>>sorry, but it does not work with simple or double quotes :-(
>>

>Works for me (with single quotes).  Did you remember to SIGHUP the
>postmaster (eg with "pg_ctl reload") after editing the config file?
>
>            regards, tom lane

I stop the postmaster (/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl stop) and restart the
postmaster (/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl  -D /home/local/BasePostgres/ -l
logfile -o -i start).

I have tried with and without blanks near = (

datestyle='Postgres, European'
and
datestyle = 'Postgres, European'

but not successfull