Re: lost database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jodi Kanter
Subject Re: lost database
Date
Re: lost database
List pgsql-admin
I am not sure I understand your question. why does the type of backup matter? It is a tape backup and it includes the entire /var directory where the pgsql directory exists. I am trying to determine what particular files need to be retrieved in order to restore the database as it existed yesterday. Is this possible?
Thanks for the assistance.
Jodi

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
Jodi Kanter wrote:
Is there anyway that I can assist him in retreiving his tables from
backup tapes? I am not sure how or where that data is stored.
Tell us more about how the backup was made, then we can tell you more
about how to restore it.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

--

Jodi L Kanter