Unicode, php and postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Didier Bretin
Subject Unicode, php and postgresql
Date
List pgsql-php
Hi,

I try to install a 7.4.0 + php for developping an application in unicode.
Apparently I have no problem ;).

But I don't understand enough the documentation of php. My postgresql
server is configured in unicode, and my database is entirely in unicode.
In my php.ini file I set no mbstring variables. When I'm connecting to the
database, I SELECT the data and then I print them, with the charset
utf-8, to the browser and all the characters are correctly displayed.

My question is : is it the right way I don't have to configure anything
in php for dealing with unicode :) ?

And is there anybody else who played with the same configuration as mine ?

Regards.
--
    .^.     | Didier Bretin, France | dbr@informactis.com    |