Re: Error compiling PostgreSQL 7.4 for Fedora Core 1 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Error compiling PostgreSQL 7.4 for Fedora Core 1
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> We could fall back in that direction if we had to.  But I'd like to
> understand why we have to, first.  Gen_fmgrtab.sh has worked on all our
> supported platforms for a long time, and I'm disinclined to assume that
> it's suddenly broken ... especially on what's presumably a modern
> platform.  I'm having a real problem with the idea that Fedora
> incorporates a broken awk or sed.

I was able to rebuild from source rpm on a Fedora machine without any
problem, so I don't think it's a case of wholesale breakage. It's not my
normal development machine, but I'll try compiling from source [...tries...]
Yup, I got a clean build from source with the following configure line:

./configure \
  --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql-7.4 \
  --with-pgport=55434 \
  --with-perl \
  --with-tcl \
  --with-tclconfig=/usr/lib \
  --without-tk \
  --with-python \
  --enable-nls \
  --enable-debug \
  --enable-cassert \
  --enable-depend \
  --with-openssl \
  --with-pam \
  --enable-integer-datetimes \
  --with-krb5=/usr/kerberos \
  --with-includes=/usr/include/et/

The only adjustment from my RH9 box was the last line. Without it
com_err.h wasn't being found.

Joe