Turning on/off debugging - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Gibson
Subject Turning on/off debugging
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, all.

Re: version 7.2.2

I modified the postgresql.conf file as below and got "really neat"
debugging turned on.  :)
pg_ctl reload -D <dir>

Unfortunately after I was done, I wanted to turn it off again.  I
commented out the lines and ran the "reload" again.  This did not have
any effect.  So, I thought it might just be a switch and set them to
false and reloaded.  This did not change it back either.  I ended up
shutting down the engine and restarting it.  Of course, that worked.

Any ideas on how to do it while the engine is running?

...john

*** DETAIL ***

log_timestamp = true
log_pid = true