pg_dump on one user not whole database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ruth Hsieh
Subject pg_dump on one user not whole database
Date
List pgsql-general
The postgreSQL release used is 7.3.4.  We would like to dump the objects for
particular user.  How?  I used -U option, the result still dump all the objects
with all the users.

In order to migrate to 7.4, if the users were not created in 7.4 the pg_dump
result will fail or create under wrong user.  How to prevent this?

What is different between pg_restore and psql if restore the pg_dump result?  I
tried to use pg_restore, but it always fail.  However, using psql it work.  In
turn of the performance, which one is the faster?

Thanks
--
Ruth Hsieh
Mobility IN, Lucent Technologies