Re: Radix tree for character conversion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Radix tree for character conversion
Date
Re: Radix tree for character conversion  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Radix tree for character conversion  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
List pgsql-hackers

<08e7892a-d55c-eefe-76e6-7910bc8dd1f3@iki.fi>

>> [..]
>> The perl scripts are still quite messy. For example, I lost the checks
>> for duplicate mappings somewhere along the way - that ought to be put
>> back. My Perl skills are limited.
>
> Perl scripts are to be messy, I believe. Anyway the duplicate
> check as been built into the sub print_radix_trees. Maybe the
> same check is needed by some plain map files but it would be just
> duplication for the maps having radix tree.

I took a small stab at doing some cleaning of the Perl scripts, mainly around
using the more modern (well, modern as in +15 years old) form for open(..),
avoiding global filehandles for passing scalar references and enforcing use
strict.  Some smaller typos and fixes were also included.  It seems my Perl has
become a bit rusty so I hope the changes make sense.  The produced files are
identical with these patches applied, they are merely doing cleaning as opposed
to bugfixing.

The attached patches are against the 0001-0006 patches from Heikki and you in
this series of emails, the separation is intended to make them easier to read.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment