Re: Limiting factors of pg_largeobject - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Limiting factors of pg_largeobject
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>Breaking all the client-visible LO APIs, for one thing ...

Erck.

>>   1. A larger identifier
>>   2. An identifier that is not typed to the underlying system (oid)
>>   3. The ability to be indexed
>>

>>   We may benefit. Am I on crack?
>>

>I don't see what you're getting at with #2 and #3 at all.  OID is
>perfectly indexable.

Well number 2 is that we have a limit on total number of OID's yes?
Which means
we could theorectically run out of OID's because of pg_largeobject.

The ability to be indexed is obviously there but one problem we have is
that you can't create an index on a system table at least not a user
level index. Is there system level indexes that I am unaware of?