Re: ObjectWeb/Clustered JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: ObjectWeb/Clustered JDBC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave,

I know that the backend does - it is an essential feature.
Clustered JDBC parses the statement sent to it in order to find out what
to do with it. I have played around a little (mostly interactive shell).
You will find out that Clustered JDBC will complain in this case because
it doesn't know what to do with it. If you are a tool support load
balancing and this kind of stuff DECLARE CURSOR can be painful to
implement - especially across multiple transactions.
Is is a very weak point of the current beta version.
Regards,
    Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria