variable not found in subplan target list? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Klint Gore
Subject variable not found in subplan target list?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I've got the message "ERROR:  variable not found in subplan target lists"
when I have a union between 2 views.  Both selects from the views run
without the union.  Same result using intersect and except.  Same result
using any of them with the all qualifier.  Explain of the union gives
the error, explain of each individual select gives a result.

The view definitions contain unions and cross joins.

The error still occurs if I simplify the selects down to

   select 'abc' from view1
   union
   select 'cba' from view2

"PostgreSQL 7.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96"
redhat 7.2 (2.4.7-10)

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg@kgb.une.edu.au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :