Re: Two rules on a view do not like each other :-( - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dima Tkach
Subject Re: Two rules on a view do not like each other :-(
Date
List pgsql-general
Stephan Szabo wrote:

>As a side note, you might just want to write one rule with two actions to
>do this because that gets you whatever ordering you want by ordering the
>actions.

Yeah... I know. This was just a test example. In real life, I have two
different delete rules with different conditions (mutually exclusive),
and one unconditional rule, that actually inserts the new row...

Thanks for your help with that ordering problem though!
I changed the name of my rules and it now works just fine.
Do you guys have any plans to change it again in the future?

Also, have anything similar been done in 7.3 regarding the order in
which *triggers* are executed.
I know that in 7.2.4 the order was oficcially undefined, but they were
actually getting executed in the reversed creation order (the trigger
that was created more recently would get executed first).
Has that changed in 7.3 as well?

Thanks again for your help!

Dima