Re: Concurrent testing PostgreSQL Vs MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Concurrent testing PostgreSQL Vs MySQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Durai wrote:

> Hello Sridhar,
>
>                     Now, It works. Thanks lot.
>
> But Still I have doubt:
>
> 1. How MySQL works in this case? It has any default "autocommit"?

I am more worried what this test is testing at all and what MySQL
finally returns as a supposed to be correct result.

In particular, does the row after that test was running for some time
report the correct value? Looking at the test it should be the same
value the test started from.

Also, just as a side note, this sort of isolated, single table, single
row, as primitive a query as possible tests is usually the stuff where
MySQL beats PostgreSQL, so I wouldn't be surprised if one more "from
another world" test shows MySQL's strength over PostgreSQL.

Jan