Some wx behavior questions - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From John McCawley
Subject Some wx behavior questions
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
If you guys would rather I direct my wx related questions to the
wxWindows project let me know, but I would prefer to be active here
since my project's purpose is closely related to pgAdmin.

I like the default behavior of FLTK windows, and I would like to emulate
this in wxWindows.  I want the escape key to close the current window
(of course, prompting if the window is dirty) for all of my windows.
However, I have not figured out how to do a global event handler for a
Window.  i.e. if a textbox is currently active on the window, the parent
window will not receive the escape keypress event unless I explicitly
pass the event up from the textbox.  I would like some sort of way to
tell every one of my widgets "if you do not process this keyboard event,
pass it up to the parent window".

Is there a way to do this without explicitly creating an event handler
for every single widget I add to the window?

John