Re: 4 Clause license? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: 4 Clause license?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor wrote:

>>I think maybe the simplest thing is for me to prepare a patch that rips
>>that code out and replaces it with a (slightly simpler - less umask
>>hacking required, I think) piece of code that I will write.
>>

>The FreeBSD folks sorted it out for us.
>
>Everyones names should be in the copyright for the file. The licence
>portion should be the 3 clause version -- no advertising clause.

Whose names? It's not easily discoverable from browsing the CVS tree. I
would probably spend as much time, if not more, finding out as in
rewriting the 40 or so lines of code required.

>I think borrowing should be encouraged, and now that we know what
>license / copyright we need to carry over, this can be done without
>worry.

I'm a fan of borrowing, but not if it causes headaches.

I'll hold off for a bit in case I've misunderstood something.

<troll>Of course, now that SCO is claiming ownership of BSD code .....
</troll>

cheers

andrew