Re: wxGTK2ud BuildRequires dependencies - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Adam H. Pendleton
Subject Re: wxGTK2ud BuildRequires dependencies
Date
Re: wxGTK2ud BuildRequires dependencies  (Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
Yes, it is perfectly possible. But, there are so many-many build-time
depencies in wxWindows. Listing them all is quite difficult.
Really?  Am I missing something, or would this line suffice (granted, this is the RH line, but...):

BuildRequires: gtk2-devel, libjpeg-devel, libpng-devel, libtiff-devel
On the other hand, the upcoming stable version of wxWindows 2.5.1 will provide
a new set of RPMs. These "new" RPMs are very well designed. They include both
buildtime and binary dependencies.

Personaly, I think it is a waste of time to invest in the wxGTK2ud direction
when a new set of RPMs is coming along. If you think the converse, do not
hesitate to submit a patch and I will apply it immediately. This is free
software... You are free to do what you want...
So are we going to be using the official wxWindows RPMs from now on?  Are we going to run into any problems since we currently use a build of wxWindows that differs from the "official" build?

ahp