Re: cvs head? initdb? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: cvs head? initdb?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat wrote:

> but how do you test this if you cant run them both against each other to
> compare?  (initally running vs 7.4 does tell you something, but even now, 7.5
> improved cross datatype index improvments could skew the results of any
> comparisons)

Right. But with the current two candidates (LRU and ARC) in the field
only, there isn't much to compare. If someone wants to implement another
algorithm, I will be happy to put the required switchboard (something
like the jump table in smgr) into the code. Right now I see much more
bang for the buck in creating the background writer.

Jan