Re: heads up -- subtle change of behavior of new initdb - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: heads up -- subtle change of behavior of new initdb
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The shell script said this:
       $ECHO_N "fixing permissions on existing directory $PGDATA...
"$ECHO_C       chmod go-rwx "$PGDATA" || exit_nicely

There's no more rationale than that for this patch.

I'm inclined to agree with you, though.

cheers

andrew