suggest: change alter user set search_path to raise notice not error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Grabowski
Subject suggest: change alter user set search_path to raise notice not error
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi.

   I can't set user's search_path to no exists schema by simple alter
user set ... . I get this message:

test=# CREATE USER test;
CREATE USER
test=# ALTER USER test SET search_path TO noexists;
ERROR:  schema "noexists" does not exist

   But this is possible by simple trick:
test=# CREATE SCHEMA noexists;
CREATE SCHEMA
test=# ALTER USER test SET search_path TO noexists;
ALTER USER
test=# DROP SCHEMA noexists;
DROP SCHEMA

and search_path for user test looks:
  search_path
  noexists
(1 row)

    Some times set user's search_path before schema creation is
necessary. I suggest to change error at alter user to notice.

Robert Grabowski