Re: DISTINCT ... ORDER BY - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Nabil Sayegh
Subject Re: DISTINCT ... ORDER BY
Date
List pgsql-novice
Stephan Szabo wrote:

> Well, what did you get when you tried something like Bruno's updated

It worked.
But I thought you were trying to tell me that it could be non-deterministic.

> example or my group by one, and lets work from there.

I tried the group by method but as my order by expressions are booleans I couldn't use min()
and didn't find an applicable aggregate function.
so I thought to myself if we could just get a serial column after sorting, then we could use min()
on that column.

But if (both of) you are sure that the 'distinct method' is deterministic (in the end) I'd be glad.

TFYH
--
  e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
  Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539