Re: "make check" improvement for cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: "make check" improvement for cygwin
Date
List pgsql-patches
Jason Tishler wrote:

>Andrew,
>
>On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 08:45:30AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>

>>The number isn't hardcoded at all
>>

>Understood.
>

>>(except for the warning on gygwin if you choose some high value)
>>

>The above is my concern -- sorry, for being unclear.

I don't want to issue a warning on a setting that is likely to succeed
in some cases. How about this instead of what I had - it deals with the
most likely problem case?:

# ----------
# warn of cygwin likely failure
# if maxconnections = 0
# and we are running parallel tests
# ----------

case $host_platform in *-*-cygwin*)
  case "$schedule" in *parallel*)
    if [ $maxconnections -eq 0 ] ; then
      echo using unlimited parallel connections is likely to fail or
hang on cygwin
      echo try \"$me --max-connections=n\" or  \"gmake MAX_CONNECTIONS=n
check\"
      echo with n = 5 or 10 if this happens
      echo
    fi