Re: link tables with VB from Access fails with 7.3.01 Unicode - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Stefanos Karasavvidis
Subject Re: link tables with VB from Access fails with 7.3.01 Unicode
Date
List pgsql-odbc
as I haven't got any answer to this message just a note that the
problems I describe are still present in the new version

7.03.0200
as well as
7.03.0201

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could give me some idea on how to
workaround this

Stefanos Karasavvidis wrote:

> I have 2 problems with the 7.3.01 Unicode Beta (as well as 7.1.0115 from
> http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/)
>
> I have
> MS Access 2000 on windows 2000 with latest MDAC
> Postgres 7.3.4 on Linux
>
> I use the following VB code within MS Access to link a table without
> having a DSN
>   Set db = CurrentDb()
>   strConnect = "ODBC;DRIVER={PostgreSQL Unicode (Beta)};DATABASE=" +
>     DB_NAME + ";SERVER=" + IP_ADDRESS + ";PORT=5433;UID=" +
>     LOGIN + ";PWD=" + PASSWORD +
>     ";A6=;A7=100;A8=4096;B0=254;B1=8190;BI=0;C2=dd_;CX=188103ab"
>
>     Set tdef = db.CreateTableDef("xxxx")
>     tdef.Connect = strConnect
>     tdef.SourceTableName = "yyyyyy"
>     db.TableDefs.Append tdef
>
> This worked perfectly with the previous versions of the drivers. Now I
> have the following problems:
>
> Problem 1
> ==========
> With both drivers the above code initially fails. 7.3.01 reports a 7711
> error and versions 7.1.0115 Run-time error '3151'
>
> Iff I manually link any table with a DSN datasource and rerun the above
> code, it works perfectly (except the other problem I will describe later).
> When I close Access and reopen it, I have again the same problem. if I
> don't link manually a table, the code does not work
>
> Problem 2
> ==========
> although I specify CX=188103ab in the connection parameter, I get always
> CX=1b503ab in the actually linked tables. In my specific case this does
> not handle -1 as true.
>

> Does any oneone have a workaround or a solution for this problems?
>
> Regards
>
> Stefanos

Stefanos Karasavvidis
Electronic & Computer Engineer