Re: New to ODBC with postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Mike Mascari
Subject Re: New to ODBC with postgresql
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Tim LoGrasso wrote:

> Some additional debug actions by me:
>
> I checked the mirror and realized I may not have the latest version of
> the ODBC driver.  So, I downloaded from the msi directory the following
> file: psqlodbc-07_03_0100.zip
>
> I then uninstalled the existing driver and installed the 07_03_0100.zip
> driver.
>
> I now get the following error in MS Word: “Unable to obtain list of
> tables from the datasource.”
>
> I tried to connect via MS Access using the same DSN and I get the
> following error:
>
>  “ODBC—call failed.
>
>                           ERROR: current transaction is aborted, queries
> ignored until end of transaction block (#7)”

It may help in debugging the situation if you turned statement logging
on in postgresql.conf by setting:

log_statement = true

On RedHat, the initialization script would then need to be edited so
output is not directed to /dev/null but a file instead. That way you
could examine the SQL statements the ODBC driver is sending to the
database.

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com