Re: Cannot create new link. Too many open links - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Cannot create new link. Too many open links
Date
List pgsql-general
>>I'm getting this error on PHP pages:
>>
>>Warning: pg_connect(): Cannot create new link. Too
>>many open links (0).
>>
>>In php.ini, pgsql.max_links = -1. Any idea what the
>>problem is? Something in postgresql.conf (I haven't
>>changed anything there yet)?

I saw this exact error just the other day on a Red Hat 9 system. It is a
PHP issue, not a Postgres one. The cause in my case was that I added:
   extension=pgsql.so
to /etc/php.ini, not realizing that Red Hat had patched PHP to look in
/etc/php.d, where it found the same line in a file called pgsql.ini. As
soon as I removed the extra reference, the error went away.

HTH,

Joe