Re: Cannot Delete - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject Re: Cannot Delete
Date
List pgsql-general
Alex wrote:

> I still have this problem...
> my table currently only has 60k records. it has two foreign keys . one
> to a table with
> 15 records the other to a table with 250 records both with a primary
> key as suggested.
> the table itself is referenced by another table.
>
> although I have about 10mio records in other tables , this one is
> rather small... still i manage to delete 2-3 records / second.
> I tried vacuum, the db and tables and did not gain any performance.
>
> I experience this problem on different machines and yet, when i reload
> the date it did speed up things considerably.
>
> Any suggestions what could be wrong?  Maybe a configuration issue ?

HOW is this table referenced in another table?
    By both of the foreign keys,
    a separate integer substitute key in this table?

BTW, what kind of keys are  you using, string, integer, float,what?

Please (re)post the table defintions to the 4 tables.

--
"You are behaving like a man",
is an insult from some women,