Re: undefined reference to 'pg_detoast_datum' - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: undefined reference to 'pg_detoast_datum'
Date
List pgsql-general
D. Stimits wrote:
> A google search shows very little concerning the pg_detoast_datum
> undefined reference link error. It is looking more like the V1 has to be
> skipped and I'll have to go back to V0 if I can't get this to work.

You haven't shown us your function, so it's a bit difficult to help, but
in any case you do *not* want to use the V0 calling conventions -- they
are deprecated and subject to removal in the future. V1 certainly works
-- I've done many V1 C functions that accept text arguments. Take a look
at some of the contrib folder extensions if you need examples.

> unless someone can magically make the default PostgreSQL version on RH
> 7.3 change to a newer version of PostgreSQL, then a newer version can't
> be used]

Why not? I have Postgres 7.3.4 running on my RH 7.3 server. Here are RH
7.3 RPMs:
ftp://ftp8.us.postgresql.org/pub/pgsql/binary/v7.3.4/RPMS/redhat-7.3/

Joe