Re: PL/PGSQL for permutations? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: PL/PGSQL for permutations?
Date
List pgsql-general
D. Stimits wrote:
> I'm still in need though of learning more about PL/PGSQL, as I have
> other programming to add (well, I could do this in C as a PostgreSQL
> C function, but I want to stick to PL/PGSQL for the moment). I'm
> still looking for a non-trivial, in-depth, full reference to
> PL/PGSQL. I've found many good introductory or tutorial type web
> pages, but not a full and complete reference to PL/PGSQL. The
> permutations were themselves the easy part, now each permutation has
> to do some non-trivial combinatorics on trigger whenever a change is
> made.

I can't point you to anything more than the online docs for PL/pgSQL,
but if you're needing non-trivial statistics/math you should take a look
at using PL/R instead (requires at least Postgres 7.3):
   http://www.joeconway.com/plr/

HTH,

Joe