Error in convert.c when compiling w/ odbcver=0x0300 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Walt H
Subject Error in convert.c when compiling w/ odbcver=0x0300
Date
Re: Error in convert.c when compiling w/ odbcver=0x0300  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-odbc
Hello,

In my never ending quest in an attempt to get PostgreSQL to work with
blob data within our application, I attempted to compile the latest odbc
drivers with odbc v. 3.00 support. This fails with:

/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.     -g
-O2 -c -o convert.lo `test -f 'convert.c' || echo './'`convert.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -g -O2 -c convert.c -MT convert.lo -MD
-MP -MF .deps/convert.TPlo  -fPIC -DPIC -o convert.lo
convert.c: In function `copy_and_convert_field':
convert.c:1194: incompatible types in assignment
convert.c:1196: incompatible types in assignment
convert.c:1202: incompatible types in assignment
convert.c:1204: incompatible types in assignment

This code evidently compiles in Windows since the odbc driver appears to
be v. 3.00 capable. I'm attempting this on Linux using gcc-3.2.3 and
glibc-2.3.2.  I've tried various other compilers including gcc-2.95.3
and gcc-3.3.1, and have been met with the same results.

Ultimately, I'm trying to use odbc to connect to PostgreSQL within our
app, which is an Omnis Studio application. I need to be able to
store/retrieve binary (blob) data, and have been only partially
successful. Any ideas for a code fix / workaround? I've been
unsuccessful in my attempts so far with odbc < 3.00 - I've had partial
success when running our app under wine and using the native windows
ODBC driver, but due to the added layers/complexity, I'm not sure I
trust the results. Hence the need for native linux w/ odbc v. 3.00  Any
help is appreciated. Thanks,

-Walt