Re: Adding PL languages laster - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Adding PL languages laster
Date
List pgsql-novice
John wrote:
> I'm definitely a novice, I installed postgresql about 2 weeks ago, and
> now several people are testing databases on it.  I tried moving some
> functions in and realized I had to add a language to be able to create
> functions, I was easily able to install and use the plpgsql language.
> Now I'd like to add either perl or python, I see instructions to do it
> when installing postgresql, but, can I add it now that the product is
> built and running???

How did you install Postgres -- from RPMs, from source, ???

If the languages are already installed, you use "createlang" at your
shell prompt to "install" them into a specific database. See:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=0&file=app-createlang.html

Joe