Help: ResultSet..insertRow() not coping with explicit oid - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jim Wright
Subject Help: ResultSet..insertRow() not coping with explicit oid
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I have some code which I think effectively does this:

statement = connection.createStatement(
                 ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE,
                 ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE));
resultSet = statement.executeQuery("SELECT oid, * FROM " + table.ID);
resultSet.moveToInsertRow();
resultSet.updateXXX(...);
resultSet.insertRow();

At which point I get the SQLException:

ERROR:  Relation "character" has no column "oid"

(Sorry about the confusing table name)

I have tried both with and without updateLong() for the oid.

This looks like a bug. If I believe the manual then result sets
are readonly but I assume the code is ahead of the docs.

I have postgresql-7.3.1-6.src.rpm under Red Hat 8.0 and pg73jdbc3.jar.

So what is the story. Am I doing it wrong? Is this fixed in a later
release?

Help much appreciated,

Jim Wright

--
Recently completed - Child Brain Injury Trust Admin System
http://cbitdemo.paneris.org/

Urgently seeking paid work
Java, Linux, XML and much more.
http://be.webz.cz/