Re: [JDBC] Connection refused. HELP ME!!!! - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From khalil El Mazouari
Subject Re: [JDBC] Connection refused. HELP ME!!!!
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi,
as postgres user use " postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/ & " to
start postgresql.

Khalil ;-)

Sergio Ramos wrote:

> Hello.
> I have installed postgresql with de jdbc driver, but I can't run the
> example of the jdbc faq (http://www.fankhausers.com/postgresql/jdbc/).
> I obtain:
> ***Exception:
> Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and
> that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
> Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and
> that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
>         at
> org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.openConnection(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:161)
>
>         at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:120)
>         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
>         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
>         at HelloPostgresql.<init>(HelloPostgresql.java:34)
>         at HelloPostgresql.main(HelloPostgresql.java:115)
>
> I have modified my pg_hba.conf(host all 127.0.0.1 255.0.0.0 trust),
> and my posgresql.conf(tcpip_socket = true) to admit tcp socket
> connections. What can I do?
> Thanks.

THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR
ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS
PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.
If the reader of this E-mail message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately at
ablynx@ablynx.com. Thank you for your co-operation.